MV Designer Homes prides itself on keeping you informed and involved throughout the process, from the design stage, through to selections and final construction of your project. Below we have detailed the DESIGN PROCESS in our simple 8 step procedure.
- INITIAL MEETING with design consultant to give a brief on your requirements, site information, general inclusions required and budget allowances. You will then select a design from our comprehensive range OR elect to have a design prepared to suit your block of land.
- PRICE with confirmation that our preliminary price and preliminary plans (either from our plan range or designed specifically) are accepted, we would require you to proceed to Step 3.
- PRELIMINARY AGREEMENT. If you agree the preliminary design and price is within your budget and are ready to commence the building process, we take the next step of preparing a Preliminary Agreement which enables us to undertake the following:
o soil test is conducted to determine the site classification for engineering design;
o site contour survey where required;
o we continue to work with you on design elements based on the site information.
- DRAFTING. Once we establish we are within your design parameters, our Draftsman prepares a Preliminary Check set of drawings for your approval. These include a SITE PLAN, which shows your house situated on your block of land, a FLOOR PLAN, which shows the internal layouts of each room and design of the home and an ELEVATION, which shows your home design from street view.
- COLOUR SELECTIONS. Your Colour Selection Booklet will be given to you at this stage, to assist you to complete the process. You will then be required to meet with our Colour Consultant to finalise the finishes to your home.
- DRAFTING CHANGES & FINAL PRICE. Once we have all your final selection confirmations at hand, the Final Price is confirmed (based on any changes you may make along the way to your inclusions). Construction drawings are then completed and a contract is prepared using the Qld Master Builders documentation.
- FINAL STAGES are signing of the documents and drawings and our submission to the required Shire Council for development approval. Upon approval, we can begin construction of your project.
- HAND OVER of your newly completed project. Our standard build time is 6 months, dependent on the design of your home and weather permitting. However, our aim is to have you in your new home at the earliest time possible, with as little fuss.